Creamy Tomato Heaven Vegetable SoupFrom kerrielou 4 years ago
- I am guessing the quantities i used to make this. shopping list
- 1 potato grated (do not peel) shopping list
- 2 celery stalks thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 carrots grated shopping list
- 1 red onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped mushrooms shopping list
- 1 sprig rosemary minced shopping list
- 1 sprig thyme minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley chopped shopping list
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with basil (or stewed Italian) shopping list
- 1 can tomato paste shopping list
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- ground basil to taste shopping list
- ground oregano to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- several teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 pound chicken thighs poached (reserve liquid) shopping list
- italian seasoning shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 3 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Parmesan\Romano blend shopping list
- grated Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- I used a food processor to slice, grate, or mince all vegetables and herbs so they were very fine.
- Add all ingredients up to chicken thighs to stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to medium heat.
- Add chicken stock as necessary to make sure soup is liquid enough it will not burn.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Poach in a skillet in a small amount of water.
- When finished place in a food processor and roughly chop. Pieces should be quite small.
- Add chicken to stock pot.
- Add water from skillet to stock pot.
- Continue to boil soup on a low boil until potato begins to fall apart and naturally thicken soup.
- Add cream cheese, heavy cream, grated parmesean and a couple of cups of soup to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add cream mixture to soup and stir until blended.
- Serve topped with grated cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- kerrielou Kennewick, WA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookkerrielou Kennewick, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!