Baked Penne PrimaveraFrom messyjes 6 years ago
- (This recipe can be used with any combination of meats or veggies, and other pastas, as well. Pick your favs!) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of shredded Fontina cheese shopping list
- 1 box of penne noodles shopping list
- 1 jar of alfredo sauce shopping list
- 2 or 3 cans of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 can of diced Italian tomatoes shopping list
- 1 zucchini (sliced) shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper (sliced into small strips) shopping list
- fresh basil (chopped) shopping list
- handful of black olives (sliced) shopping list
- lots of parmesean cheese shopping list
- olive oil to grease pan shopping list
- fresh black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil salted water in a pot to cook the penne.
- Cook the Penne until just al dente and drain. (Since you'll be baking these, don't over-cook them on the stove.)
- In a mixing bowl, combine alfredo sauce and chicken broth.
- Lightly oil a large baking dish.
- Put in a layer of penne in the baking dish, and then spread a layer of each veggie on top of the pasta.
- Lightly sprinkle on Fontina cheese, and then generously cover with parmesean cheese and fresh black pepper.
- Repeat step #7 until you fill the baking dish.
- Pour alfredo/chicken broth mixture over the pasta.
- (Depending on how deep your dish is, you might need to add the 3rd can of chicken broth.)
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, and then enjoy!
The Cookmessyjes Plainfield, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!