GumboFrom africhtl 5 years ago
- 1 large pkg chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 large pkg sausage shopping list
- 1 medium bell pepper shopping list
- 1/3 c cajun seasoning shopping list
- 2 large cans whole tomatoes or diced whichever you prefer shopping list
- 2 cans okra (can use 1 pkg of frozen okra if can't find cans) shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup instant rice shopping list
How to make it
- Boil chicken and debone it.
- Do NOT pour out water from chicken.
- Put chicken back in broth, add chopped celery, bell pepper, and onion; cook about 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and okra.
- Let come to a boil.
- Take sausage and slice; boil in separate pot and then add to gumbo.
- Also add 1/3 cup of cajun seasoning, let simmer 10 minutes. (I sometimes add more seasoning for more spice!)
- Add rice and let sit for 10 minutes and gumbo is ready.