BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP DIABETIC FRIENDLYFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Needed: 5 quart Slow cooker shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp. pepper shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 can ( 14 ½ -oz ) Italian diced tomatoes low-sodium, undrained shopping list
- 1 can 11 ½ -oz Low sodium V8 juice shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrots shopping list
- 2 Tbs. sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs. dried parsley flakes shopping list
- 2 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
How to make it
- Cook Time did not have the 9-11 hour in the cooker.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt and pepper. Transfer to a 5-gt slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook low for 9-11 hours or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yields: 7 servings.
- Diabetic Friendly:
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable and 1 starch.
- Nutrition Values: Serving size: 1 1/3 cups
- Calories per serving: 210, Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 360mg, Carbohydrate: 26g