Pumpkin PieFrom bakeityourself 5 years ago
- Pâte Brisée shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter shopping list
- 1/8 cup ice water shopping list
- pumpkin Filling shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups pumpkin purée (canned or pure pumpkin) shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the pie shell. Put flour, salt, and sugar into the food processor until mixed. Add butter until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Pour 1/4 cup ice water slowly, do not process more than 30 seconds. Wrap into a ball in plastic wrap, refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll the dough onto a floured surface into a circle big enough to fit the pie dish. Transfer to pie pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.While you wait, begin making the filling. Cook the pumpkin purée over medium heat until it browns (if using pure pumpkin, remove seeds, and blend in a food processor first). Whisk eggs in a bowl lightly, then add puree and the rest of the ingredients.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator.
- Pour pumpkin purée into pie crust. Tuck away excess crust underneath and crimp the edges with your fingers. Bake for 30 min. Cover the edges of the pie with foil. Bake another 20 min. Let pie sit a few hours to cool and to set. Serve with Crème Chantilly or Vanilla Ice Cream.
The Cookbakeityourself Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!