chocolate almond barsFrom philfull 7 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- 2. Lightly grease and line the base of a shallow 20x30cm baking tin
- 3. Sift self-raising flour and cocoa into bowl and add sugar, cornflakes, coconut and almond meal.
- 4. Make a well in the center and add melted butter. Mix well and press mixture into base of tin.
- 5. Bake for 25-30mins.
- 6.Meanwhile prepare icing- sift 1 1/4 cups icing sugar and 1tbsp cocoa into a bowl. Add 2 tbsp warm milk and stir until combined.
- 7.Spread icing while still warm and sprinkle with toasted almond flakes.
- 8. Allow icing to set before cutting into fingers (approx 2x6cm) and store.