Choco fondantFrom 08gibauth 5 years ago
- 50g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease shopping list
- 2 tsp cocoa powder, to dust shopping list
- 50g good quality bitter chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), in pieces shopping list
- 1 free range egg shopping list
- 1 free range egg yolk shopping list
- 60g caster sugar shopping list
- 50g plain flour shopping list
- icing sugar to dust shopping list
- vanilla ice cream to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 160˚C/Gas 2.
- 2. Butter two large ramekins, about 7.5cm in diameter, then dust liberally with cocoa, shaking out any excess.
- 3. Slowly melt the chocolate and butter in a small bowl set over a pan of hot water, then take off the heat and stir until smooth. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- 4. Using an electric whisk, whisk the whole egg, egg yolk and sugar together until pale and thick, then incorporate the chocolate mixture. Sift the flour over the mixture and gently fold in, using a large metal spoon. Divide between the ramekins and bake for 12 minutes.
- 5. Turn the chocolate fondants out on to warmed plates. Dust the tops with icing sugar and serve with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream.
The Cook08gibauth Jersey, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!