Moist Coconut CakeFrom cougarwoman 6 years ago
- 2/3 C. White shortening 1t. salt shopping list
- 2C. sugar 1C.sour milk of shopping list
- 5 egg whites your choice. shopping list
- 2 1/2 C. flour (buttermilk, soy, shopping list
- 2t.Soda or regular milk) shopping list
- 1t.baking powder 1C. hot water shopping list
- 1C.shredded moist coconut shopping list
- 1T. Good vanilla/coconut flavoring(I use both) shopping list
- _________________________________________________ shopping list
How to make it
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Pick up beaters straight out of foam, turn upside down and peaks should be gentle but there. Over beating will break down the foam and it will separate.. yuck!!
- Cream shortening and sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Sift dry ingredients together 7 times(My # of choice.. the more the lighter, in my book)
- ADD these alternately with the soured milk. Mix.
- Add the vanilla/coconut flavoring. Mix.
- Add the hot water.
- Add Coconut, Mix well.
- Scoop appx. 1/3 of egg whites into cake mix and stir well.
- Add rest of egg whites and FOLD..NOT stir.. FOLD gently into mixture.
- Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake: at 400 degrees for 30-45 mins until pick comes out clean.
- Frost with light and fluffy frosting..