French Bread Dough using StarterFrom cougarwoman 4 years ago
How to make it
- Mix together and knead..I prefer to do it by hand espicially if I have 'issues' that day. I also get a kid involved and let them take out their frustrations as well..great therpy and inexpensive and extremely yummy for all involved..
- Knead,slap,punch..(yup it works) until smooth and elastic
- Pour 1T. oil into bowl
- place dough in bowl, moving to cover then flip oiled side up.
- Cover with plastic (spray with cooking spray)
- Cover this with a towel wet with warm water (wrung out,of course..My 'friend' didn't...(really..um,hum)
- Let rise 1-1 1/2 hours until double
- divide in 3rds or half..refrigerate 1 half (covered)while working with other.
- Form into oval..then into a longet thinner shape(french bread type)
- let rise covered with sprayed plastic and towel. 1-1 1/2 hrs. will be puffy
- PREHEAT onen 450 degrees
- Slash top 2-3 times.
- Put a pan of boiling water on bottom of oven to steam bread and help it get crusty.
- (place EMPTY (13X9 is what I use) pan in oven bottom then slowly pour in boiling water. use hot or it takes NEEDED heat & energy from oven.)
- Place bread on center rack.
- Bake for appx. 40 mins.Until sounds hollow when tapped.
- Repeat for other loaf.
The Cookcougarwoman Elyria, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!