Peanut Butter Chicken BreastsFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves with bones shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1 large white onion peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large red pepper cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 cup chunky salsa shopping list
- 1 large tomato thinly sliced shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
How to make it
- Cook chicken in nonstick skillet with oil in batches approximately 5 minutes turning once.
- Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium then add salt, curry powder, onion and red pepper.
- Cook 1 minute stirring often then add salsa and tomato to skillet.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes then return chicken to skillet and cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package directions then spoon onto a large platter.
- Arrange chicken on top and keep warm.
- Whisk peanut butter with warm water in a cup then stir into vegetable mixture in skillet.
- Heat to boiling then spoon over chicken and rice and serve immediately.