Peppermint Chiffon Pie with Gingerbread CrustFrom bakeityourself 5 years ago
- Ingredients for gingerbread Crust shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter (1/2 stick) shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp ginger shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fine pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses shopping list
- a dash of water shopping list
- Ingredients for peppermint Chiffon shopping list
- 3 cups tiny marshmallows shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract shopping list
- 4 drops red food coloring shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 3 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 4 oz Cool Whip or chilled Crème chantilly shopping list
How to make it
- Directions for Crust
- 1. Mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
- 2. In a separate bowl beat together the butter and brown sugar with spices and salt. Beat in the eggs and molasses. Slowly beat in the flour. Add the water. Refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour.
- 3. Preheat to 350F. Roll out dough onto a floured surface until large enough for a pie dish. Place onto a glass pie dish, fold under the over hang and crimp. Refrigerate 15 min. Cover with foil and baking beans or pie weights .Bake 10 min, remove foil and beans, bake 10-15 min. Let cool.
- Directions for Filling
- 1. Combine marshmallows and milk in a saucepan and heat on medium, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in extract and coloring. Chill until mixture thickens, stir occasionally. Pour off any excess liquid.
- 2. While waiting, beat eggs until soft peaks form, then slowly add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 3. Remove marshmallow mixture from the fridge and fold in the egg mixture and the cool whip. Spoon mixture into pie crust. Chill 4 hours.
The Cookbakeityourself Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!