German Potato Soup RecipeFrom carmenbigred 6 years ago
- 3tbs. butter shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 in. pieces shopping list
- 2st. celery, cut into 1/2 in. pieces shopping list
- 1lb. potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 in. cubes shopping list
- 3 to 4tbs. flour shopping list
- 6c. chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2tsp. white pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3tbs. chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 6 frankfurters or any other german sausage shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or saucepan and when foaming add the vegetables. Cook, stirring frequently, until all vegetables take on a little color. Sprinkle over the flour and cook over low heat until it begins to brown. Pour on the stock, add salt, pepper, bay leaf and stir well. Partially cover and cook for about 30 minutes, ot until potatoes are tender.
- Pour soup through a colander, but do not push the vegetables through. Return the liquid to the pot and add the dill. Slice frankfurters or other type of german sausage thinly on the diagonal. Add to the soup and return to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and add the vegetables to the pot. Cook to heat the vegetables through and remove the bay leaf. Transfer to a soup tureen or spoon into individual soup bowls. Enjoy!
- Note: If the potatoes are cut slightly larger than the other vegetables, they will cook in the same length of time without falling apart!