Pumpkin Apple Gingerbread CakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree shopping list
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- powdered sugar for garnish shopping list
- 1 cup whipped cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening (do NOT use non-stick cooking spray).
- Coat with flour.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, ground ginger, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs 2 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in pumpkin, apple and molasses.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour OR until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Place cooling rack upside down on pan, then turn rack and pan over.
- Remove pan and let cool completely for about 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve each slice topped with whipped cream and 1/2 teaspoon crystallized ginger.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
awsome recipe !thanks print try and savemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Five forky!goodeat in Benton loved it
WOW FANTASTIC MIDGE LOVE IT YOU HAVE THE BEST RECIPES YUMMMMM HAVE YOU SEEN CAT(CHEFMEOW ) IS SHE OK???
TINK ..........HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YAminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Fall Dishes39 members
Sweet Suite159 members
All Holidays135 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
An Apple A Day30 members
Feeding A Crowd39 members
A Fruity World45 members