Hot Orange CakeFrom carmenbigred 7 years ago
- 8tbs. softened, unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2c. superfine sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 1c. self-rising flour shopping list
- Grated zest and juice of 3 small oranges shopping list
- 1c. whipping cream shopping list
- powdered sugar and fresh orange sections to decorate shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat egg yolks into mixture with 1tbs. flour, zest, and juice of 1 orange.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into creamed mixture with remaining flour. Spoon into a deep 8-inch nonstick cake pan. Bake 20 minutes, until golden-brown and springy to touch.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whip cream and remaining orange juice and zest until stiff. Leave cake in pan 2 to 3 minutes, then turn out and cut in half crosswise. Working quickly, spread bottom with whipped cream and cover with top half of cake. Dust thickly with powdered sugar and arrange orange sections on top. Serve at once.
The Cookcarmenbigred Columbia, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!