Sweet and Sour Beef StewFrom sprinkles22 7 years ago
- 1 Tbsp - vegetable oil shopping list
- 1½ pounds - beef top round, sliced into thin strips across the grain shopping list
- 1 cup - shredded carrots shopping list
- 1 cup - sliced onions shopping list
- 1 cup - tomato sauce shopping list
- ½ cup - water shopping list
- ¼ cup - packed Florida Crystals® demerara sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup - cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp - worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp - salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp - cold water shopping list
- 2 tsp - cornstarch shopping list
- Hot cooked egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, heat 1½ tsp vegetable oil. Add half of the beef and cook, stirring constantly, until beef loses its pink color – about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove beef from pan and repeat for remaining beef, using the remaining vegetable oil.
- Return all the beef to the pan and add the carrots, onions, tomato sauce, water, Florida Crystals® Demerara Sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Cover and cook on low heat until both the meat and vegetables are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Blend 1 Tbsp cold water with the cornstarch. Add to the skillet. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens slightly. Serve over hot, buttered egg noodles.
The Cooksprinkles22 Studio City, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!