Christmas CookiesFrom philfull 4 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and milk. Sift in the flours. Combine into a dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a couple of baking trays with baking paper (or use a silicon tray liner).
- Take out two thirds of the mixture and add ONE drop of red food colouring to the remaining third in the bowl. (2 thirds mix = "white". 1 third = "red").
- Now the fun starts!
- Onto a lightly floured surface pull off a chunk of white dough and a smaller lump of red dough. Roll each piece into a thick sausage and then add them together, twisting and rolling until the sausage is ribboned like a candy cane. Roll thin and cut into smaller sausages and transfer to the tray. Make the cane shape on the tray.
- Bake for approx 8mins (until cooked, but not browned).