ZwiebelfleischFrom carmenbigred 5 years ago
- 2lbs. round steak or sirloin tip shopping list
- 4tbs. butter; unsalted shopping list
- 6 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/4tsp. marjoram shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced shopping list
- 4tbs. vinegar shopping list
- 1c. beef stock shopping list
- 3tbs. flour dissolved in a little cold water shopping list
- pinch of thyme shopping list
- strip of lemon peel shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- The meat should be cut into thin strips. Heat butter in stew pot and fry the onions slowly, stirring until deep yellow but not quite brown.
- Add meat, salt, pepper, marjoram, garlic, thyme, vinegar, lemon peel, and 1/2c. stock. Cover and simmer solwly, 30 minutes, adding more stock if needed as meat cooks.
- When meat is tender, dissolve flour in just enough water to make a smooth paste and stir into gravy. Check seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.