Ginger Pear GalleteFrom carmenbigred 7 years ago
- 1/2 of 17 1/4oz. pk.(1 sheet) frozen puff pastry shopping list
- 1 slightly beaten egg white shopping list
- 2tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2tbs. sugar shopping list
- 2tbs. brown sugar shopping list
- 1tbs. finely chopped crystallized ginger shopping list
- 1tsp. zest of lemon shopping list
- 2tbs. unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 large pears, halved, cored, peeled, and thinly sliced shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- crystallized ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Thaw fuff pastry according to package directions. Roll pastry into a 14x11 inch rectangle. Trim to a 12x10 inch rectangle. Place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Prick pastry with a fork, Build up the sides slightly by folding in about 1/2 inch of pastry on each edge. Brush edges with egg white. Crimp edges or decorate edges with cutouts from the pastry trimmings. Brush pastry again with the egg white.
- In a small bowl stir together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, 1tbs. ginger, and lemon zest. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until pieces are the size of small peas. Sprinkle half of the ginger mixture over pastry. Arrange pear slices on top, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with the remaining ginger mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400F for 18 min.
- Serve warm. Top with whipped cream and additional crystallized ginger.... Enjoy....