Winter PieFrom nancerose 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup seedless raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot shopping list
- 1/2 cup hot water shopping list
- 1 cup peeled and coarsley chopped apples shopping list
How to make it
- Pastry for a 2 crust pie~ see Olive Oil Crust
- or ready made pie crust
- In medium size saucepan measure first 6 ingredients. Stir well.
- Add raisins and carrot. Stir in water. Stir over medium heat until boiling. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add apples. Stir.
- Roll pastry to fit 9 inch pie plate. Spoon in filling. Dampen outside edge. Top with more pastry. Trim and crimp edges. Cut slits in top.
- You can sprinkle 1/4 tsp sugar top of crust. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until browned.
- Makes 1 pie
- Really great~
The Cooknancerose Longlac, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!