Rigatoni And Florentine SauceFrom twill10 5 years ago
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup fresh, washed baby spinach shopping list
- I would add about a 1/4 tsp of fresh garlic, while cooking shopping list
- toss in some grape tomatoes near end of cooking and some sliced cooked chicken if you like. shopping list
- Some sliced mushrooms are an option as well as some fresh Parmesan added as sauce cooks. This sauce doesn't need to be really thick, kind of thin works for me. shopping list
- The options are endless enjoy and explore. you will need to increase the Florentine recipe if you add the extras. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat heavy cream in a saucepan set over low heat. Add salt and pepper, then nutmeg. Bring to a boil.
- If desired, thicken sauce with a white roux made of 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup butter, or just let it reduce slowly.
- Lower heat, and add spinach. Serve tossed with pasta of your choice — long thin noodles, such as linguine, are a good match. I would use rigatoni.
- Makes 2 cups, or enough for 1 pound of pasta.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!