German Carrot Hazelnut CakeFrom carmenbigred 7 years ago
- 5 large eggs, separated shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1c. sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/4c. hot water shopping list
- 2 2/3c. finely grated carrot shopping list
- 2 2/3c. ground hazelnuts shopping list
- 2/3c. fine, dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1tbs. rum shopping list
- 2tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2tsp. lemon zest shopping list
- Chocolate Glaze: shopping list
- 2c. sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4c. cocoa shopping list
- 6tbs. hot water shopping list
How to make it
- Beat egg whites and salt at high speed with a mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add 1/3c. sugar, beating until stiff.
- Beat egg yolks and 1/4c. hot water at medium high speed until foamy. Gradually add remaining 2/3c. sugar; beat 3 minutes or until thick and pale.
- Stir carrot and next 7 ingredients into egg yolk mixture; fold in egg white mixture. Pour batter into a lightly greased 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325 for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove sides of pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Spread top and sides of cake with Chocolate Glaze.
- Combine sugar and cocoa; stir in water until spreading consistency.
The Cookcarmenbigred Columbia, SC
The Rating1 people
'Danke' Very Good!! I WANT NOW!!! I'm havin' one of my 'choc' fits LOL HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Cookies And Sweets452 members
German GermanAmerican Food156 members
Bake Sale126 members
German Recipes25 members
German Food68 members
Delicious Foods39 members
German RecipesDeutsch32 members
International Baking67 members