Pulled Pork Egg RollsFrom hungrybear 5 years ago
- Pulled Pork: shopping list
- 2-pound pork butt, cut into 4 pieces shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, diced shopping list
- 3/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce shopping list
- Cole Slaw: shopping list
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon celery salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 bag pre-shredded coleslaw mix shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, halved shopping list
- egg Rolls: shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 12 egg roll wrappers shopping list
How to make it
- For the pork: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. Place in a braising pan and add the onion, vinegar, and BBQ sauce. Toss well. Braise for 3 hours, covered, until fork tender. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and "pull" with forks until shredded. Add braising liquid, to taste. Cool.
- For the slaw: Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, celery salt, garlic salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the vegetables and mix thoroughly. Let
- sit 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- For the egg rolls: In large saucepan, heat the vegetable oil to 350 degrees F. Add enough oil to keep the egg rolls from touching the bottom of the pan.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and milk together and set aside.
- With the corner of the wrappers facing you, place approximately 1/12th of the pulled pork on each wrapper. Place a dollop of coleslaw on top. Fold the corner over the filling, and then fold the outside corners in, making a roll
- a 4- to 5-inches wide. Roll firmly, being careful to not tear wrapper, and seal the final end with egg wash.
- Dredge the roll in egg wash, allow excess to drain off, and submerge the roll in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and cut on an angle, if desired.
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating7 people
great flavor combo. thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
you just hit my stomach nerve with these. Im so glad that I am heading to the grocery store in 20 minutes. I have to add egg roll wrappers now. Got everything else. ^5doubled in Upstate loved it
good HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!