Beef and Vegetable SoupFrom szq 7 years ago
- 2-3 pounds beef roast (Add more if you want a beefier soup) shopping list
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 14 ounce bag frozen green beans shopping list
- 1 14 ounce bag frozen whole kernel corn shopping list
- 1 14 ounce bag frozen sweet peas shopping list
- 1/2 head green cabbage shopping list
- 1 can kidney beans, drained shopping list
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes with liquid shopping list
- 2 yellow onions, quartered and sliced shopping list
- 3-4 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 can tomato juice shopping list
- 3-4 bay leaves shopping list
- hot sauce to taste (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut beef roast into cubes and put into a mixing bowl.
- Add worcestershire sauce to beef cubes. Sprinkle salt and pepper on beef.
- Heat frying pan and add olive oil. Brown beef on all sides and remove to soup pot.
- Add tomato juice, frozen veggies, beans, tomatoes, onions, cabbage, sugar and bay leaves. Stir in tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil then put on a medium heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. A couple of minutes before serving add sweet peas to soup and cook until hot.
- I add a couple dashes of hot sauce to spice it up a little. That's optional.Serve hot with rolls.
The Cookszq Suffolk, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!