June Meyers Authentic Hungarian Jellied Pigs Feet Kocsonyas sertescsulokFrom hopscotch 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 or 3 lbs. of small or medium sized pigs feet, scrubbed clean and split shopping list
- 2 medium sized oinions, peeled shopping list
- 2 large carrots, sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves of peeled whole garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp. of good Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 2 tsp. of salt shopping list
- 1 Tbs. of mixed spice shopping list
How to make it
- Put pigs feet into 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil. Throw away water. Wash off feet in cold water.
- Add another 2 quarts of cold water and the onions, carrots, garlic, paprika, salt and mixed spice.
- NOTE: If you like a very firm jelly or aspic, add some veal bones when you cook the feet.
- Cook for about 3 hours or until feet become tender. Keep skimming the water to keep the broth clear.
- Put feet into a serving dish that will fit into the refrigerator. Strain the broth and then pour over the feet, and chill. Sprinkle with some paprika.
- Serve with a good hearty bread, pickled peppers, good German beer, and a small decanter of good vinegar to sprinkle on feet if desired.
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!