PANFRIED STEAKS WITH ITALIAN SAUCEFrom tucky 4 years ago
- 4 sirloin steaks shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 14oz can chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 2/3 of a box of fettucine pasta shopping list
- 12 green olives halved shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- Rub steaks with oil.
- Heat large frying pan
- Cook steaks:2 1/2 min per side for rare
- 4 min per side for medium
- 7 minutes for well done
- Remove to a plate using a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to pan.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes or until onions have softened.
- Add tomatoes and wine.
- Cook gently for 10 minutes stirring occasionally until tomatoes break down.
- While sauce is cooking, cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Stir olives and basil into sauce.
- Season with Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Return steaks to pan to heat through, spooning sauce over meat.
- Divide pasta among 4 plates.
- Top with steak & sauce