Flamethrower Beef Jerky MarinadeFrom stringyboogers 6 years ago
- 2 cups soy sauce shopping list
- 1 cup Worcestershire shopping list
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 tablespoon black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Red (cayenne) pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Chile Arbol Powder---extremely hot!! shopping list
- 10-12 lbs. beef roast (cut into thin strips) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Contents should be warm and well mixed to ensure it is liquified before adding to meat.
- Strips of meat should be marinaded for at least 24 hours before placing on a smoker or dehydrator.
- **For those of you wondering what Chile Arbol is call up your local grocer. I found mine at a Hy-vee which is a fairly generic grocery store. Its just as hot as Habanero powder but much easier to find.
- The been pods have to be ground into powder.
- Use a common coffee grinder.
- I use a smoker (electric) with mesquite wood chips.
- Another hint for efficiency on the smoker: Suspend the meat strips vertically on toothpicks on the grill racks.
- Also, for you smoker enthusiasts, I've found that leaving the lid off on the smoker for 5-6 hours will dry the strips to perfection.
The Cookstringyboogers Omaha, NE
- Not added to any groups yet!