Santas Giblet Cream GravyFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
- Reserved turkey neck, heart and gizzard shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups canned low-salt chicken broth shopping list
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, halved shopping list
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped shopping list
- 1 small bay leaf shopping list
- 5 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- While turkey cooks, place reserved turkey neck, heart and gizzard into large saucepan. Add 6 cups water, 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, carrots, onion, celery and bay leaf. Simmer over medium heat until turkey stock is reduced to 3 cups, about 2 hours. Strain turkey stock into bowl; reserve turkey neck and giblets. Pull meat off neck. Chop neck meat and giblets.
- Melt 5 tablespoons butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add 5 tablespoons all purpose flour and whisk 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in turkey stock, cream and up to 1 cup reserved turkey pan juices (juices are salty, so add according to taste). Simmer gravy until thickened to desired consistency, whisking occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add chopped turkey neck meat and giblets; season to taste with pepper.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating3 people
Good gravyhungrybear in Miner loved it
i love hungrybear's comment..'good gravy' thats cute!!! and so it be.. good gravy HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! i hope u r okay... msg me if yaneed too kay sweetie!
snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Now this is a creamy one for sure!! love it!superfoodman in Metropolis loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!