Smoked Salmon And Crab Cakes With CaviarFrom sosousme 4 years ago
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, lightly flaked (not Norwegian style lox, but the Alaskan kind) shopping list
- 6 ounces lump crab meat (I use Dungeness crab) , checked for shells* shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced fine shopping list
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced fine shopping list
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 green onions, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dill weed, minced, or 1 teaspoon dried shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, minced, or 1 teaspoon dried shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seafood seasoning shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups panko, divided shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup light sour cream shopping list
- 1 ounce fine quality caviar shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the bell pepper and onion in a small amount of neutral oil until softened (I use grapeseed oil). Allow to cool.
- Cream together the cream cheese and mayonnaise in a medium to large bowl. Add minced green onion, dill weed, tarragon and Old Bay. Stir in cooled pepper/onion mixture. Gently fold in the crab meat and salmon, being careful not to break it too much.
- Add about 3/4 cup of the panko, gently fold into the mixture until it just holds together; do not add too much of the panko.
- Form patties with the mixture (the size will depend on if you are making these as a first course or an appetizer). Put the remaining panko in a wide bowl and coat both sides of each crab cake.
- Heat a neutral oil in a large skillet over medium heat and fry each cake until browned on both sides, turning once.
- To Serve: Place a dollop of sour cream and caviar on each cake.
- *LindySez - The easiest way to find shells in shelled crab is to place the crab meat into a large, oversized metal bowl. As the crab hits the bowl, if there is a shell, you will hear it hit and can find it and remove it. After all the crab is in the bowl, toss the crab around a few times by shaking the bowl, this will alert you to any shells you may have missed.
- Per Serving (as a first course): 155 Calories; 6g Fat; 12g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 323mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!