Fructose Friendly Butter ChickenFrom coubay 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or olive oil (infused with whole garlic cloves and ensure no cloves go in you cooking) shopping list
- 500grams diced chicken breast shopping list
- 1 stick celery finely diced (I am using this as a onion replacement you could also use the green part of spring onions or chives) shopping list
- 2 to 3 cups safe vegies such as carrot, green beans, corn, zuccini, potato, spinach diced or finely grated or shredded if you want to hide them from a stubborn child. shopping list
- 60grams unsalted butter (butter is very low in Lactose but if you wish to play it extra safe then use dairy free margarine) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika (optional) shopping list
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garam masala (fructose freindly recipe listed in my recipes and fructose friendly recipe group) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon crushed or grated ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chillie powder (optional Listed as safe but some can't tolerate for other reasons anyway) shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 teaspoon tumeric shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamon shopping list
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes (usually use tomato puree but if use whole then can pick out for FrucMal person and still have correct flavour) shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt (this amount of yoghurt would make the dish very low in lactose) shopping list
- 1 cup cream (this will up the lactose a bit, so I recommend using Lactose free cream such as Liddles brand) shopping list
- 150ml homemade stock or water shopping list
- 60 grams cashews roasted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine yoghurt, lemon juice, tumeric, garam masala, chiliie, cumin, ginger in a bowl, add chicken and stir well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- place cashews in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan over medium heat, add celery, cardamon, cinnamon and bay leaf and cook for 2mins, until celery starts to soften. Reduce heat to low, then add chicken and marinade, paprika, tomatoes, cashew powder, stock/water and vegies. Simmer for 15mins, stir in cream and cook for a further 10mins.
- Serve with white rice.