Chipotles En Adobo Chipotles Chili in Adobo SauceFrom crazycookinchick 7 years ago
- 8-10 medium dried chipotles, stemmed and slit lengthwise shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices shopping list
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I use a pinch) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place all ingredients in a heavy bottom pan, cover, and cook over very low heat for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, until the chiles are very soft and the liquid has reduced down to 1 cup.
- Alternate Method:.
- Place ingredients in a dutch oven and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours till peppers are tender,and sauce is thick.