Mac And CheeseFrom mattsadler 5 years ago
- 0.5 lb Elbow noodles shopping list
- 0.25 lb instant milk, non-fat shopping list
- 0.25 gal water shopping list
- dash nutmeg shopping list
- 0.5 oz combo seasoning (salt & white pepper) shopping list
- splash yellow food coloring shopping list
- 0.25 oz sugar shopping list
- 2.75 oz margarine shopping list
- 1.7 oz flour, soft shopping list
- 2 oz shredded cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook noodles according to package directions
- strain & run cold water over noodles to cool
- place the following in a 1 gallon pot: milk, nutmeg, combo seasoning, sugar, and water. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Melt margarine in separate pot and add your flour and whip until smooth (this is your roux).
- Add your roux to you powder milk mixture and whip slowly while adding.
- Now stir in your shredded cheese and food coloring and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Mix your cheese mixture with your noodles and pour into a pan.
- Cover pan w/ additional cheese (not listed in ingredients list) and sprinkle paprika over cheese.
- Place in oven long enough to melt the cheese on top and serve.
The Cookmattsadler Sulphur, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!