Steak With Simple Creamy Pepper SauceFrom loko117 6 years ago
How to make it
- Heat up your oil in the frying pan and add a knob of butter. Once melted, cook your steak as desired. When cooked, transfer the steak to a small bowl to collect any juices and turn the ring down to a low heat.
- While the steak rests, add the beef stock to the frying pan and mix with the juices, scraping off any salt or pepper that has stuck to the pan.
- Add another knob of butter and begin to slowly add cream to the pan, mixing until the sauce is a consistant colour and texture. Taste the sauce, adding more water (to lighten) or cream (to thicken) until you have reached your preferred consistency.
- By this stage, your dish should have collected any remaining juices from your steak, add these to the pan and mix. Depending on how heavily you've seasoned your steak before frying, you may want to add more salt or pepper.
- That's the foundation of the sauce but you should experiment. Try additional spices to flavour your sauce and please leave a comment letting me know how it turned out if you do!
The Cookloko117 Dublin, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!