Red Curry Seafood RisottoFrom sosousme 4 years ago
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (or if frozen thawed) shopping list
- 1/2 pound large sea scallop, cut into quarters, or bay scallops (do not cut if using bay scallops) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, or grapeseed oil shopping list
- 2 cups reduced sodium or homemade chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk (light coconut milk is fine) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (such as Thai Kitchen) or to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons premium fish sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or grapeseed oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweet white wine (a Gewurztraminer is perfect and also drinks nicely when you serve this) shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas (if frozen, do not thaw) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1" pieces and blanched for 2 minutes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint shopping list
How to make it
- Reserve 4 shrimp for the top. Slice the rest into pieces about 1/4 inch thick. Saute the whole shrimps in 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small fry pan. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken broth, coconut milk, curry paste, brown sugar and fish sauce. Put over low heat and bring just to a simmer, do NOT boil. Keep warm.
- In a 2 quart high side saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic, saute 30 seconds. Add the rice and saute until the rice becomes toasty and slightly translucent around the edges, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and stir until the wine is absorbed. Add 2 cups of the broth and simmer, stirring occasionally until absorbed, continue adding liquid, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until it has been absorbed; until the rice is al dente, about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Add the shrimp pieces, scallop, peas and green beans. Stir and cook until seafood is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add a little liquid if necessary to keep the rice creamy. All the liquid may not be used. Place in warm bowls, top with reserved shrimps and sprinkle with cilantro and mint. Serve immediately.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!