Baked Sweet PotatoesFrom coldfan01 4 years ago
- 6 sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, more or less to your liking. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- Pinch salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine butter, honey, orange juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper; set aside. Peel sweet potatoes; cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Cook sweet potatoes in saucepan of boiling, salted water until just tender; drain well. In greased 10 inch pie plate, or shallow casserole, arrange half of sweet potatoes. Pour half of the orange juice mixture over top. Arrange remaining sweet potato slices in alternating circles or rows on top. Drizzle with half of remaining orange juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate remaining o.j. mixture. Cover pie plate and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour, then bake, covered, in 325F oven, for 45 to 50 minutes or until heated through. Heat reserved orange juice mixture until margarine has melted. Uncover pie plate, and brush vegetables with o.j. mixture; bake 5 minutes until lightly glazed In a large mixing bowl mash potatoes, meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cream cheese, brown sugar, margarine, vanilla, salt and pepper. Combine the two bowls, mix well and fold in walnuts. Spoon mixture into dish or dishes of your liking. Bake for 5 minutes, or until heated through. This also works well in ramekins topped with marshmallows and broiled.
The Cookcoldfan01 Oak Harbor, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!