Pasta With Vodka SauceFrom vegheadsweetie 4 years ago
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, or enough to coat the bottom of your skillet shopping list
- 1/2 of a medium sized onion, chopped or diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/4 cup vodka, any brand shopping list
- 1 pound dried pasta, penne is my favorite you can use whatever shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can ( 8 oz) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, more or less if you like shopping list
- 1/2 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded (can use a little bit of dried if you don't have fresh) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat the oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion; cook for about 10 minutes, until they are softened, adding the water if needed to prevent any sticking.
- Add the vodka; cook about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook to al dente, tender yet firm. If you cut into a pasta, like Penne, there shouldn't be a bright white ring in the center, that's a no-no.
- Meanwhile, add tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper to skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring, 12 minutes.
- Drain pasta and put into a bowl.
- Add parmesan, half-and-half, and basil to the skillet; heat through. Toss with the hot pasta.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread.