Cheesecake Stuffed Dark Chocolate CakeFrom angelgirl94 5 years ago
- Unsweetned cocoa shopping list
- 1 18.25oz package devil's food cake mix shopping list
- 1 3.4oz box instant chocolate pudding mix shopping list
- 3 large eggs-room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup oil-vegetable, canola, or corn shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chocolate extract-optional shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 3 1.55oz milk chocolate bars(such as Hershey's) shopping list
- 3 16oz tubs homestyle cream cheese frosting shopping list
- 3 7.75oz boxes frozen cheesecake bites(such as Sara Lee)-chopped. shopping list
- 1 12oz jar dulce de leche or caramel sauce shopping list
- Double chocolate rolled wafer cookies(such as Pirouline) shopping list
- chocolate fudge rolled water cookies( such as Pepperidge Farm) shopping list
How to make it
- Grease two round 9" cake pans. Dust with cocoa powder.
- Beat cake mix and next 7 ingredients on medium speed for two minutes.
- Fold in milk chocolate. Spread batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-32 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Cool layers for 10 minutes in pans then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Wrap layers and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Using a serrated knife, slice layers in half horizontally to make four layers.
- Place 1 layer cut side up onto cake plate.
- Spread with 1/2 cup frosting.
- Sprinkle one-fourth of chopped cheesecake bites over frosting.
- Repeat process with three remaining layers. Spread frosting only over top layer and then on sides of cake.
- Drizzle dulce de leche(caramel sauce) over the top of cake letting it drip down the sides.
- Break rolled wafer cookies into various length pieces and sprinkle over top of cake along with any remaining cheesecake pieces.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers(if there are any).
- I once substituted a bag of semisweet mini chocolate chips for the chopped candy bars.
- Decorate with chocolate chips, chopped oreo cookies, chopped peanut butter cups or whatever you like.
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating5 people
This looks wonderful and I love the Don't drool-you'll short out your keyboard! Thanks for sharing and got my 5desertgal in Billings loved it
I'm now definately in Heaven, you are killing me with these recipes,
One of my favorite, chocolate cake and this one is a keeper now,
janetjlv1023 in Plymouth loved it
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Comfort Foods772 members
Cheesecake Lovers337 members
Companys Coming115 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members
Amazing Icebox Cakes47 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere49 members
Cheesecake Angels37 members