Potato SoupFrom raym 7 years ago
- 25 g butter shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 kg floury potatoes, peeled and diced, skins reserved shopping list
- 1 lt stock (ham, chicken, or vegetable) shopping list
- 300 ml whole milk shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- diced ham or bacon lardons (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter and sweat the onion, without colouring, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook gently, with a lid on the pan, for at least 10 minutes. You will have to stir them from time to time to prevent the potatoes from sticking.
- Now add a bay leaf, 1tsp salt, and the stock and milk. Tie the potato skins up in muslin and add this to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove and discard the package of potato skins.
- Push the soup through a fine sieve. Add the ham or lardons (if using) and reheat gently, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
The Cookraym Cambridge, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!