Tofu And Baby Corns Stir FryFrom mommylotte 4 years ago
- 3 cakes of firm tofu ( cut into 2-inch cubes and fried until golden brown) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp of cooking oil shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1 small sweet onion ( thinly sliced ) shopping list
- 20 pieces of fresh baby corns. shopping list
- 2 Tbsp of oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp of fish sauce (or what we call "patis" ) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp of sweet chili sauce shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
- chopped onion leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the baby corns in halves then cut the halves in the middle.Simmer them in a little water for about 15 min to soften the white core in the middle. Save the boiling liquid,cool and stir in 1 Tsp of cornstarch.Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan. Saute the garlic and onion just until fragrant.
- Add the fried tofu and the simmered baby corns.
- Pour in the fish sauce,oyster sauce, and sweet chili sauce.Stir.
- Add the cornstarch solution. and freshly ground pepper.
- Stir Fry until well blended.
- Bring to a gentle boil for the sauce to thicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped onion leaves on top when serving.