Vegan Japanese Yuba MakiFrom sbbny 7 years ago
- ■Several sheets of yuba shopping list
- ■A small clump of cooked noodles (rice, soba, something thin) shopping list
- ■1 julienned carrot shopping list
- ■Spring onion, cut lengthways into 2 inch strips shopping list
- ■miso paste (light and dark) shopping list
- ■pickled ginger, slivered shopping list
- ■peanut oil to deep fry shopping list
How to make it
- 1.First prepare all of your filling ingredients. Julienne your vegetables and make sure your noodles are cooked. Keep the ingredients together on a plate or cutting board so you can easily put the rolls together.
- 2.Heat the oil to a medium-hot temperature. A wok with a tempura rack is an ideal vessel. Don’t heat the oil so hot as to let it smoke. If it begins to smoke, turn it down a notch.
- 3.You can make the rolls in multiple ways, either with triangular, circular, square, or rectangular sheets of yuba. Google up how to roll a spring roll for methods (yes, I’m lazy, and there are so many tutorials already).
- 4.Spead a small amount of miso on the roll before adding a small handful (enough to cover just the palm of your hand) of vegetables, and roll ‘em up.
- 5.Using one (or a few- they stick) strands of noodle, carefully wrap around the maki. This doesn’t have to be perfect, and if you can’t knot it then that’s okay too. Once you plop them in the oil, everything will bind.
- 6.Deep fry for 2-3 minutes, or until just brown and crispy. Drain on a tempura rack or on paper towels and serve hot with soy sauce or your favourite Japanese style condiment.
The Cooksbbny Baltimore, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!