Butternut Squash SoupFrom deb33021 6 years ago
- 1/2 cut chopped white onions shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 Tbsp curry powder shopping list
- 1 tsp frresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 lb carrots, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 qts vegetable or chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 pint light or heavy cream (you make the call, it's good either way) shopping list
- 1 lb idaho potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
How to make it
- In a laarge pot, sweat the onions, carrots, and squash in the butter.
- Saute well but do not brown.
- Add the stock and potatoes.
- Cook until all the vegetables are tender, about an hour.
- Add the cream and curry powder.
- Simmer approx. 5 minutes
- Puree until smooth in small batches.
- Strain if desired.(personally, I like the texture just fine without)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper