Fennel Red Pepper SauceFrom mouthfull 6 years ago
- 1 tsp veg oil shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 tbs butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp Crushed Red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 medium fennel bulb, chopped (3 or 4 stalks) shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 large roasted red peppers, skin removed, chopped shopping list
- 6 oz oyster mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
- 8oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
How to make it
- Place a 12 inch skillet on high heat.
- Add oil and onion.
- Stir occasionally until onion turns clear. About 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tbs of butter, the salt, crushed red pepper, fennel, garlic, roasted red pepper, and mushrooms.
- Stir occasionally until onions and fennel start to brown.
- Add red wine, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- As the wine dries up, add the tomatoes.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add 2 tbs butter and milk.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer to desired consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to cool and transfer to a food processor to puree until smooth.