Spicy White Bean ChiliFrom flovie 6 years ago
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast shopping list
- 2 (16 oz.) cans great northern beans with juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 large garlic cloves, diced shopping list
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded & diced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper with four slits along sides shopping list
- 1/2 green pepper, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1/2 can (8 oz.) of white corn shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 lb. monterey jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 8 oz. container sour cream shopping list
- 1 bag tortilla chips shopping list
How to make it
- Boil 5 cups water. Add chicken. Cook until done, about 10 minutes and remove. When cool shred with fork.
- Discard water and add olive oil to pan. Heat oil over medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, onion, green pepper, 1/2 jalapeno pepper and salt. Cook, stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, beans, chili powder, cumin, sugar, corn, chicken and slit jalapeno.
- Simmer on low 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take off heat, remove whole jalapeno and stir in fresh cilantro.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, cilantro and shredded cheese. Serve.
The Cookflovie Fairmont, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!