Old-Fashioned Pecan PieFrom flovie 5 years ago
- 9-inch Baked pie shell shopping list
- 3/4 c. dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 c. packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. pecan halves, toasted shopping list
- For a grown-up version, add 2 Tbsp. bourbon and 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg to egg mixture in step 2. shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare 9-inch Baked Pie shell as recipe directs. Cool pie shell on wire rack at least 10 minutes. Reset oven control to 350F.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, mix corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla, salt and eggs until blended. With spoon, stir in pecans.
- Pour filling into pie shell. Bake 43 to 45 minutes or until filling is set around edge but center jiggles slightly.
- Cool on wire rack at least 3 hours for easier slicing. Refrigerate leftovers up to 1 week.