Vegan Spinach and Mushroom RisottoFrom stormy_ide_girl 7 years ago
- * 2 cups crimini or portobello mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- * 2 cups vegetable broth (make with vegetable bouillon cubes) shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- * 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- * 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- * 1 pound spinach leaves, washed and chopped shopping list
- * 1 cup uncooked white rice (short grain or arborio rice are recommended) shopping list
- * 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- * 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (available in health food stores) shopping list
- * black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat the vegetable broth to boiling over high heat in a large saucepan.
- 2. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- 3. In another large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- 4. Cook mushrooms and onions in the oil, stirring often, for about four minutes.
- 5. Add spinach and garlic and cook, stirring often, for about three minutes.
- 6. Add rice, wine, and simmering broth.
- 7. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- 8. When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- 9. Turn off heat and allow to stand, covered, for ten minutes.
- 10. Add lemon juice and nutritional yeast and stir well, until the mixture becomes creamy.
- 11. Serve with fresh parsley garnish.
- 12. Serves four.