Homemade Tomato Alphabet SoupFrom wildthyme 3 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrot shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 2 cups cooked alphabet pasta (about 1 cup uncooked pasta), divided shopping list
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add broth, basil, pepper, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup cooked pasta. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Place half of tomato mixture in a blender, and process until smooth. Pour puréed soup into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining tomato mixture. Return puréed soup to pan. Alternatively, you can use an immersion blender with the soup in the pot. Stir in remaining pasta and milk. Cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently (do not boil).