Bacon Flavored Chicken StewFrom markpedal 5 years ago
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2' pieces shopping list
- 2 Medium red skin potatoes, skinned, and cut into 1/4" pieces shopping list
- 3 Large carrots, finely chopped, 1/4" pieces shopping list
- 3 Stalks of celery finely chopped, 1/4" pieces shopping list
- 3 Medium white onions, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 Gloves of garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 4 full cups of chicken stock shopping list
- 1 Tbl parsley shopping list
- 4 Strips of bacon, finely chopped, 1/8" pieces shopping list
- bacon fat shopping list
- 1 Tsp Chopped chives shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp parsley shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp celery seeds shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 garlic gloves finely minced shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp ground sage shopping list
- fresh black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 4 Tbl corn starch shopping list
How to make it
- Cook some morning bacon, reserving the fat and at least 4 strips of bacon.
- Cook the chopped chicken in the bacon fat, until no longer pink inside.
- Remove and strain.
- Place the 4 cups of chicken stock in a slow cooker and heat it up.
- Add all the ingredients except the bacon and cornstarch.
- Cook on low setting for 7 hours.
- After 7 hours, remove a cup or 2 of stock.
- Using a whisk, mix the cornstarch into the removed stock,
- Add this back into the stew, and fully incorporate it.
- Add the chopped bacon.
- Cook for 1 more hour and adjust the fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Serve with a bit more of the chopped chives as garnish.
The Cookmarkpedal Nunica, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!