Valentines Day CookieFrom vidyarshriram 6 years ago
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 drops red food color shopping list
- Creamy Decorator's frosting, if desired (below shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 F. Beat powdered sugar, butter and vinegar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients except food color. Divide dough in half. Mix food color into one half. (If dough is too dry, stir in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.)
- Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured cloth-covered surface. Cut into heart shapes with various sizes of cookie cutters. Place smaller hearts on larger hearts of different color dough if desired. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until set but not brown. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. If desired, decorate with white and pink Creamy Decorator’s Frosting.
- Creamy Decorator's Frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk or half-and-half
- Stir together all ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Tint with food color if desired.
The Cookvidyarshriram Bangalore, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!