The Sweetest Sweet Potato ChiliFrom choclytcandy 7 years ago
- 2 tsp canola oil shopping list
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- ½ tsp ground cumin shopping list
- ¼ tsp each ground cinnamon and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (28 oz) shopping list
- 1 can black beans (19 oz) shopping list
- 1 green pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 cup frozen kernel corn, thawed shopping list
- 1 tbsp each freshly squeezed lime juice and chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- Pinch or two salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes and onions. Cook until onions begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper and flour. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add vegetable stock and stir until smooth.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Add beans, peppers, corn, lime juice and cilantro. Cook until heated through. Season with salt and serve.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!