Teriyaki Tuna Steaks With Grilled PineappleFrom sosousme 4 years ago
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into spears shopping list
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white wine, preferably a Riesling or Gewurztraminer shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mirin (a sweet rice wine)* shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 (5-ounce) tuna steaks shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together the soy sauce, honey, wine, mirin, ginger, garlic sauce and garlic. Place the tuna steaks and pineapple spears into a large zip top bag; add the marinade; seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour. Remove the fish and pineapple from the bag, reserving marinade.
- Prepare the grill to medium high.
- Place the fish and pineapple on grill rack that has been lightly coated with oil (always oil your grill rack before starting your fire); grill about 4 minutes per side or until the fish is medium rare, or to your desired degree of doneness; basting with the marinade as it cooks. Remove the fish when cooked and continue to grill the pineapple until it is nicely browned and glazed.
- *You can find mirin in most supermarket's Oriental section or an Asian market. If you can't find it, use a bit more of the wine.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!