Oxtail SoupFrom lukie4 10 years ago
- 2 lbs. of disjointed oxtails or meaty lamb bones shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil shopping list
- 1 c. of barley shopping list
- 2 qts. of cold water shopping list
- 3 cloves of minced garlic shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 2 large peeled and sliced carrots, shopping list
- 2 sliced celery stalks shopping list
- 1/2 c. of freshchopped parsley shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. of salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of ketchup (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to rinse oxtails in cold water and pat them dry. I
- Next in a large kettle, brown oxtails over high heat in olive oil.
- Make sure to not cook through.
- Now add onion, garlic, and carrots until meat starts being cooked.
- Then stir in water, barley and oxtails.
- Next add remaining ingredients, except parsley, salt, pepper, and ketchup. Then you can bring to a boil; reduce flame.
- Cover with a lid and cook approx 2 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Continue to simmer for another hour or so, or until soup has reached the thickness desired and oxtail meat is falling-off-bone-tender.
- Now pour in broth till it thickens.
- With your fingers take meat off bones and return it to soup.
- The fat off the soup needs to be skimmed.
- You will need to remove bay leaf.
- Ladle up and serve!
The Cooklukie4 New York, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!